4/22/10

celebrated Earth Day




I took my girls to Anthropologie today for a children's Earth Day activity. My friend and her daughter met up with as well and the girls got to plant their own flower in a customized flower pot at Anthropologie. Olivia really enjoyed filling the pot with dirt and making a hole for the flower. Afterwards, they snacked on organic apple juice and cookies. Later we all walked into town and made a few stops for lunch, Starbucks, frozen yogurt and ultimately wound up at the playground. An all around great day.....

Olivia potting flowers

Sophia watching as Olivia helps pot her flower



Olivia and Sophia

The finished product

Olivia enjoying an "organic oreo"

Olivia at playground


Olivia, Sophia and Jewell


I try to be conscious of my actions and impact on the environment daily. I bring shopping bags to stores, bring my own cup to Starbucks, I reuse gift bags, ask for paper bags when food shopping. I am very big on recycling used clothes and housegoods and make frequent donations to various charities. I believe every little bit does help but also that there is always room for improvement. Iit's good advice to think that every day is earth day....





What did you do for Earth Day?




Until tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment