5/5/10

is featured on The Good Life for Less

Today I'm featured on one of my favorites blogs, The Good Life for Less. This blog is right up my alley, it highlights having a fashionable yet attainable life. This site speaks to me as I'm a quantity AND quality kind of girl (read: I like to have lots of nice stuff). I'm all about finding a bargain, trying out a trend at a store like Forever 21 or a designer line at Target that's out of this world. On the other hand, I also know when to invest in something that will stand the test of time, those items for me are usually sunglasses, purses and jeans. I totally go for a mix of high and low - I think fashion is more fun that way. I follow several fashion blogs and this is one that I really relate to, others I aspire to but now let's be realistic I'm not chasing two babies around in Louboutins and leather leggings.....

Here's the deal, Jill (the mastermind behind these consultations and The Good Life for Less) dreams up these amazing shopping lists based on information you give her such as job, lifestyle, location, budget etc. She pieces different outfits together to work with each other and also things that you already own. Most importantly, she also reminds us that as mothers and maybe just women in general putting some effort into your appearance boosts your mood and confidence.




Now, for those of you who know me, you know I have no problem shopping. It's my thing, strike that it's MY THANG! My hobby, what I do best. I like shopping in all forms; online shopping, window shopping, food shopping, you get the idea. I like doing returns and exchanges (I know I know - who likes doing returns and exchanges ...) I'm never the girl without a wish list for every holiday and always the girl to call to ask where a store is located inside a specific mall within the tri-state area. That being said, I spend about 90% of my time buying things for Olivia, Sophia, Danny, our house, our refrigerator, holidays, our extended family. So, a little me time is needed and deserved. I thought it would be fun to see an outsider's idea of what would work for me and since my time is of the essence with a 2 year old and a 9 month old, how convenient would it be to just have a shopping list of pretty, practical clothes - in, out, done.





Here's what she picked for me:
I like this look especially the sandals. One drawback is I don't ever (ever, ever, ever) wear gold jewelry or any gold hardware for that matter even on a purse or belt (does that sound real OCD?) I did specify that in "my requests" so I'm a little bummed about that...



I like this look a lot also, probably my favorite of the three. The shoes are so my style and I love army green anything. Another drawback is a the faux leather purse, I never skimp on a pocketbook. The cheaper one last me about a month or so where as a good quality leather one will last years....I had mentioned I don't like fake leather in my requests also.


This is very pretty and versatile.
I love turquoise and silver jewelry and the scarf is beyond pretty.





What do you think?




Until tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment